Tuesday 25 March 2008

1-Xtra goes to Coventry

The biggest Black music event in the UK went down last weekend and I missed it. Call it a combination of too many things to do, too little time, or maybe the truth of the matter is the London snob in me felt it fruitless to go all the way to Coventry just to check out a few R&B acts. But this proved to be a big mistake, huge mistake, as Julia Roberts would say because my sources tell me that I missed a fantastic night. The line-up included Estelle, Kelly Rowland, Akon, Kano, Jay Sean and Craig David to name but a few. Highlights apparently included Estelle teaming up with Kano on 'American Boy' and Akon diving into the audience rock star style-ee, only to lose his shoe (the silly moo). The Senegalese supestar also announced that he will be signing Sway to his record label, Konvict Music label, which is a huge milestone for not only Sway, but he whole of the Grime movement. Here are some pictures from the night.

Akon
Kelly Rowland
Chris Brown

Estelle







No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.