Wednesday 26 March 2008

Diva Tribute



Guess who turned 63 today? None other than the woman who put the D in DIVA herself – Miss Diana Ross. Now I've got to admit, I'm a bit of a closet Diana fan. Wait a minute... before you roll your eyes, stay with me on this one. I know many people consider her to be shrewd, stuck up, ruthless or whatever, but I grew up in the 80's when the only two visible black women on British TV was Miss Ross or Rustie Lee, so go figure! To me she embodied ambition and glamour, and then of course there was the hair *sigh*. I would frequently dream of having a long black sweeping mane like hers, which my naïve 8 year-old self was convinced was the real deal. And although she has remained in a jewel encrusted gown time-warp for the best part of 30 years, she was once the epitomy of black 70's boho-chic. Don't believe me? See below for my photo homage.
















No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.