Friday 13 June 2008

Stressed, bloated and broke!

Soz I've been a bit quiet this week, it's that time of the month again... No not that one silly, it's deadline week. Now being overworked is part and parcel of my crazy ass job, but this month my boss is deffo taking the proverbial piss. I'm going on holiday next Thursday and can't even muster one single iota of excitement due to my constant 'waking up in the night' type anxiety over getting everything in on time. Plus, I'm broke! And I'm wondering if you can truly enjoy a vacay if you're forced to live on a staple diet of rice cakes and H20? Okay, so I'm exaggerating slightly but you catch my drift. Although the final straw occurred when I stuffed up my tankini diet (refuse to do bikinis since having Khy) by gorging on comfort food all week. Even though, that said, I've hardly been sticking to a strict regime. More like trying to maintain the head start I received a few weeks ago when I lost about 4lbs after not eating for 3 or 4 days following a dodgy stomach. Tut tut, I guess cheaters never prosper after all.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.