Thursday 19 February 2009

They Call Me Grace...That's Not My Name




Gosh, what an absolute snooze-fest last night's BRITS Awards was. With the exception of Take That and dare I say it - Girls Aloud, the show was totally lacklustre in my opinion. I was really looking forward to Estelle's duet with the Ting Tings, as I love both artists'. But for me, the pairing just didn't work. I don't know if it was lack of rehearsal time, but there was zero onstage chemistry and musically their respective sounds clashed big time.

Ms Swaray definitely channelled her inner Grace Jones last night. I know a lot of people aren't feeling her futuristic get up, but I applaud anyone who is willing to be a bit daring, and take a few style risks. In case you missed it, check out the performance below. 


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.