Wednesday 22 July 2009

You Lil' Beauty: England Crowns First Black Pagaent Queen

Congratulations goes out to Rachel Christie who was crowned the first black Miss England last night, and will now go on to represent her country in the Miss World 2009 competition taking place in South Africa. I don't know, but for some reason I thought there had been a black Miss England before.  Just goes to shows how much I pay attention to beauty competitions *shrugs*.  Rachel is the niece of sprinting champ Linford Christie, and less than 24 hours after her win some are already speculating that it was nepotism that led to her victory.  Hmmm, let's see how this latest development pans out shall we? In the meantime, I say enjoy your victory Rachel. 

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.