Friday 24 April 2009

Give A Lil' Love


Has anybody been watching American Idol? I’ve been a reluctant customer this season (are you really telling me that’s the best talent they could find throughout the whole of America?), but as there’s not much happening telly wise on a Friday night, then hey, why not? Now tell me... Lil’ Rounds. Did she deserve to get voted off? Admittedly she’s made some dire song choices throughout the competition, but I thought she kinda brought home with the Chaka classic tonight, no? No one can deny that lil’ lady has one set of pipes. 

Slight digression, but how great was it to see Paula choreograph a dance routine on the results show? I actually forgot that she was the dogs bollocks of the dance world back in the day, and she’s not just some mumbling, bumbling, eccentric old Auntie type who landed the hottest gig on US TV by chance occurrence. To reacquaint you with the old Abdul fabulousness here’s a vintage vid for you. This track came out around the time I fancied myself as a bit of dancer/choreographer type, so best believe I’m sitting here wanting to get my Lydia Grant on. 



4 comments:

Kwana said...

I haven't been into AI this year but was sad that Lil Rounds got the boot. They seemed to never be all that into her. It's all about Adam. So unfair.

Ondo Lady said...

I have never really got into American Idol but I do remember Paula Abdul in her hey day. She was pretty big and a kick ass choreographer; she did a lot of Janet Jackson's videos and pioneered a lot of those robotic shoulder moves. She should open a dance school.

Matilda Egere-Cooper said...

Hmmmmm, yey....Lil Rounds lacked a distinct identity imo and having an unusual name just wasn't enough...she'll probably cut a record though...

MsQuiche said...

What is with the name Lil Rounds? Did we ever get an explanation?

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.