Tuesday 14 April 2009

New Sounds: Laura Izibor


Dublin based songstress, Laura Izibor, releases 'Don't Stay' the new single from her forthcoming album 'Let The Truth Be Told'. Have you checked out Laura's music yet?  (www.myspace.com/lauraizibor). If you are into heart warming old school soul with lyrics from an artist who digs deep, then this will be right up your street. There are only 1o tracks too, which is the perfect number for me  (don't you hate those 22 + track albums with multiple interludes and such nonsense?) Vocally Laura sounds like a blend of Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott, and dare I say it - errm, Joss Stone. But don't hold it against her. Check out the promo for the song. The album is out on May 15th.

1 comment:

Kwana said...

I like her. Thanks!

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.