Wednesday 21 January 2009

At Last



In the words of Brownstone I'm five miles till empty. Had a late one last-night following an ever so frantic day of editorial deadlines as well as that other minor event that received just a smidgen of media attention... what was it again? Oh yeah, the inauguration of President Obama. Wow, wasn't it something? Did you cry? I was personally taken aback by the sheer magnitude of the occasion, and had to swallow the lump at the back of my throat once or twice. Watched most of it at work, and after he was sworn in headed down to Broadway Theatre in Catford for a celebratory concert. Good times were had, the only sour note being me fluffing up my lines while introducing an act on stage - too shameful. But hey, it happened to Obama. Maybe I was subconsciously channelling him, minor flaws and all. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Happy Obama Day/Week/Month or however long you plan to celebrate. 

Off to bed now for those much needed zzzzz's

Ciao for now

Ms Quichexxx

4 comments:

Ondo Lady said...

Actually I didn't cry, it just seemed surreal to me. In all my days I never ever thought I would see a Black president and now we have one complete with a fine First Lady and some cute kids. I am still pinching myself.

Anonymous said...

That was you?

I was at the Broadway Theatre event. It was inspiring and I had a nice time.

Except one comedian went too far.... I cringe just thinking about what he said... it was inappropriate...

Anyway Tuesday's inauguration was brilliant. I almost cried.

MsQuiche said...

*Groans*, yeah that was me, LOL.

It was actually quite a good night wasn't it, much better than I thought it would be.

Re: comedian, which one? Does the last part of his surname rhyme with good?

Anonymous said...

No it wasn't him lol. He was quite good.

No it was the comedian who while trying to drive home a point, brought up 'Baby P'. (I can't remember the comedian's name).

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.