Wednesday 15 October 2008

Black Girls - a documentary


I can't recall ever seeing a film or documentary dedicated solely to the lives of Black British females, so it was with great excitement that I clicked onto this You Tube snippet which arrived in my Facebook inbox a few days ago. Directed by up and coming filmmaker, Chris Scott, I caught up him to find out the impetus behind such a unique piece. Chris explained, "The BLACK GIRLS documentary is an idea I have had for over 2 years and after a long work trip to Philadelphia earlier this year, I came back with the energy to realise this project. The idea of the documentary is to give Black Women a platform to discuss whatever they wish - to share thoughts and feelings with the world and each other. Whether it's to celebrate, commemorate or discuss. Personal, political or topical Issues of any kind. For the first time ever, a Black woman feels she is being taken seriously and is both the central source of the information and can be confident about the integrity of the information output." 

Sounds good. So far there are no details on screenings and so forth, but I will of course provide updates as and when they arrive. 

2 comments:

Ondo Lady said...

At last!! A programme about us!! This is so overdue it is unreal.

etoilee8 said...

I would definitely like to see this.

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.