Thursday 16 October 2008

Do you know where you're going to?




Is it me or is Tyra going a bit cuckoo? Each season I watch America’s Next Top Model with quiet bemusement as her crazy ramblings, onscreen antics, and fashion choices all fight to outdo one another. When she posed as Michelle Obama in the Vanity Fair spread a few months ago I thought to myself ‘here we go again’. But it seems as if Miss Ty Ty was merely getting started. The mogul model recently channelled Diana Ross in her iconic seventies cult film ‘Mahogany’, in a series of images for fashion bible, V magazine. Now I’ve yet to see Mahogany, although I desperately wanted to as a youngster when I was a hardcore Diana Ross fan. The film was Diana’s follow up to her Oscar nominated role in Lady Sings the Blues, in which she portrayed a fashion model/designer from humble beginnings who buckles under the pressure of fame. Mmm, maybe Tyra is trying to tell us something. Read the story here.

1 comment:

etoilee8 said...

Oh my god, she wants to be an expert at everything and relate to everyone. I can't stand it. You can't possibly relate to EVERYONE! Top Model is my guilty pleasure but it gets worse and worse every season!

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something African Caribbean female from South East London. My blog will shine a light on Black British culture offering the best in entertainment, fashion, beauty, community, film & music, with the occasional personal musing thrown in from yours truly. Thank you for taking out the time to peek into the pages of my diary. Now grab a cup of cocoa, relax and enjoy.